Saturday, April 10, 2010

McDonald's and the church

Here's what I learned about McDonald's and its perfect fries.

Did you know that the church we always know that existed is not the building itself? I learned that the church is the body of people that comprises the church. It is me, my wife, my kid, and yes even the person cleaning the streets and those who live in what many call poor places. However, so many got disillusioned by the bad works of the church recently that many are throwing accusations and making more people feel that being in religion is a futile exercise. I wonder though if people think of the same way too to those who work for companies that literally is killing more people everyday. Almost everyone enjoys smoking cigarettes or drink alcohol for leisure. I wonder if people who don't believe in organized "religion" believe in companies that provide them the happiness they're looking for.

We can always find excuses for things we love but we can't find any excuses to better our lives and live more peacefully. It is not the pastor, the minister, the nun, or the priest that teaches the good things about life. They're mere messengers. A lot of them are bad deliverers of messages and people easily point fingers at them for failing to get it to us - as we like it. Men cannot teach men but can demonstrate what they learned to others. McDonald's didn't pass on to their crew to teach others how to make perfect french fries. It's their manual that tells them how to do it - "perfectly."

Got bad life? Pick up a bible.

". . .If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples." John 8:31

Posted via email from Born 1973

No comments: